Thursday, January 13, 2011

No snow here

The first view of Valencia was from a bus, through my sleepy and crusty eyes. I woke up to a sunny city with palm trees and orange trees on the sidewalk. I remember angrily growling at Diego with sweet morning breath, "You are so stupid to live in Samara instead of here." (I don't mean to offend anyone from Samara. I still like it there and will soon return, but not to live.)

In Valencia, they had a river named Turia. This river was bad and made a flood that killed many people in 1957. As punishment, they had it drained and made a park out of it. Orange trees like this are in abundance and line the streets. Don't eat the oranges as they are bitter. Actually, be careful of what you eat unless you have someone to care for you when you're helplessly vomiting on yourself.

A view of the city from a very old, 14th century tower.

I'm not used to being surrounded by buildings, sculptures, or anything that are so old. In Russia, things just looked old. There's nothing in the US that is comparable to this. I don't think we even have ghosts that are that old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like getting messages. Especially encouraging ones.