Wednesday, January 26, 2011

No money, no honey

Europe had a not-so-great fiscal year. Sorry. Spain is going through a tough economic crisis as well. What a shame. I think it's distasteful to make jokes, but it's what happens when America is cooler than Spain (see link).

This is one peseta. Pesetas are no longer in use. A Russian kopeek is probably worth more.

I will be bold enough to say that this Monopoly game (Madrid version, 1992) is worth more than a peseta.

Monopoly was played in pesetas. Although I lost all three games of Monopoly, I can proudly/shamefully say that I had more money during the game than I do in real life, even when accounting for the currency change--even when accounting that I was playing with worthless, colored paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like getting messages. Especially encouraging ones.