Friday, December 11, 2009

Welcome to Samara

Yeah I realize that it's a little late, but better late than never! Here are a few postcard-like photos from the city. Some are my photos, but most are from my flatmates. Also, see the video that Riet made for Mikko's goodbye. Mikko was living in Samara for 9 months and she collected a lot of blackmail. Here's the compilation.


Volga River looking towards the city of Samara. In the distance, you can see the statue of a man holding airplane wings. He stands in the Square of Glory.




Drama and Opera theatre.

Revolution Square. Also where I can catch many marchutkas. Hooray.


A hotel/restaurant not too far from one my language institutes.


The bridge over Samara River.




3 comments:

  1. Hey! Welcome to Samara! So pity that i am not there now =(
    Ahh my small but nice home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like... Russia! I thought you were totally landlocked, didnt realize you had the Volga there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely city. Especially when it's covered by snow...and especially when i am inside looking out from a window.

    ReplyDelete

I like getting messages. Especially encouraging ones.