Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Carol of the Bells

I had the pleasure of visiting the Samara Philharmonic to watch a choire from Moscow perform. It's not very far from where I live, but I just never went until last week. First of all, have a look at how beautiful the interior is. And there's a giant organ (hehe).

Not much to say about this visit because this is the kind of thing you have to experience on your own. If you don't like classical music, fine. But you need to experience it live before you can make judgments. It's one thing to hear classical music as a recording, but a completely new experience when you're there.
The view from the orchestra seats to the terrace.

The big organ.
The choir that took my breath away and made my stomach do flips. Oh, the romance!! (This is more or less a joke).


Oh, and the last three songs were modern Christmas songs in English. They knew I was going to be there. Because I am a star. The American star.


2 comments:

  1. That looks like great fun, I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you said it was a joke, b/c I began to question your sanity.

    ReplyDelete

I like getting messages. Especially encouraging ones.