Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snowpocalypse

I missed the 2010 Snowmageddon in DC last year. I was too busy trekking through the mountains of snow the Russians called a "regular winter day". Life continued, even when it was -38 and visibility was close to 0 due to the blowing snow. It's not an exaggeration when I say that I decided to experience a Russian winter to prime my body for Albany's winter. I never expected that Albany's temperatures and snowfall would nearly match Samara's winter.

Last week, we had Snowpocalyse 2011 sweep the midwest and northeastern regions of the US. I'm in NY and no longer in Russia; I was entitled to have a snow day...or four.

While the rest of Albany was paralyzed, the trusty, mostly-reliable US Postal Servicepeople continue with their work.

Shannon and I took a hike to the local post office to send a letter the old-fashioned way. No e-mail, no driving to the post office, just walking on our own two legs.

Some parts of the sidewalk were knee deep and other parts were waist deep.

We came across this on our journey. It was a bit frightening.

There are rumors that the world will end in December 2012. I'll be hiding in my snow cave if you need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like getting messages. Especially encouraging ones.