Friday, April 30, 2010

Rostov continued...

British Airlines had a strike the weekend I was originally scheduled to go home. Sorry, this is why I'm staying a little longer.

See??? The parks are lovely!!!

There's a HUGE pedestrian street and lots of places to sit and be idle.

I like reading. Look, when you are on a trip, you are ALLOWED to take stupid tourist photos. Period.

Super daddy pushing a pimped out carriage. I swear, babies ride in fancy carriages out here. They're like little houses.


Below: Parks with THINGS in them!!!


What's one thing that's missing here? SNOW!!!!! On the train going south, we stopped seeing birch trees and the level of snow had gone down dramatically. In Rostov in the beginning of April, there was NO SNOW in sight. Then, I came back to Samara where there were still chunks of black snow on the sidewalks. And two days ago, in late April, it snowed.

1 comment:

  1. Your hair is getting so long! And lol that you needed a children's crossword. Also, the giant book/grass statue, wtf.

    The Rostov looks so much warmer/more interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I like getting messages. Especially encouraging ones.