Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Kiss a foreigner who has been to the Bashkort Republic

Month 5. I haven't seen my family since September and five months is the longest I've gone without seeing them. I miss my family. From the non-born, to the recently born, and to the really old members in my family, I really miss them. In these five months, a lot has happened and I've learned a lot. In these five months, I didn't travel outside of the Samara region until this past weekend.

Welcome to the city of Ufa, located in the Bashkort Republic. It was extremely refreshing to get out of Samara for the weekend because Ufa is clean, feels less-congested, and I spent time with a family. Being with ANY family feels good at this point, even if it's not mine. I'm a happier girl, now. And very full.


Fur coats just like the REAL Russians.

Elza, momma, and noisy cat. We are so grateful that they hosted us this weekend. They define hospitality.

My first real ballet with a live orchestra! And it was only about $2. "Raymonda"

My first visit to a mosque. There is a high Muslim population in the Bashkort Republic.



I learned how to crochet in Russia. My next project: learning how to cross-stitch profiles of famous communist leaders.

We went to a museum where I learned how big animals really are.

American-Chinese diner.

When people don't have refrigerators or don't have enough room in it, they hang food outside where it's also cold.

We went to a lemonarium(?) where the lemons are as big as softballs.

Outdoor zoo. Just...don't do it. There were bears, foxes, horses, wolves, dogs, and a camel.

I've been trying to get this picture for WEEKS. This is how children are transported in the snow. This is not only for fun, but it is used as TRANSPORTATION. Genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like getting messages. Especially encouraging ones.